October 19, 2019, 04:57:23 pm

News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Stepan Yevhenovych Ishchenko

Started by Pleb with a Pen, July 29, 2019, 06:29:45 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Pleb with a Pen

July 29, 2019, 06:29:45 am Last Edit: August 02, 2019, 05:51:10 am by Pleb with a Pen
Name: Stepan Yevgenovych Ishchenko(Степан Євгенович Іщенко)
Note: The "shch" is pronounced like a very deep "sh"

"Ability"
Luck's Favourite: Stepan has noticed that always something always goes right for him whenever he is in need, may that be an stumbling upon an object or a lucky circumstance. He can't pinpoint when that started happening or why, but he is now certain that this is the case.

The way his ability really works, is that in some way Stepan is given the right circumstances to achieve victory in fight or just survive a troublesome situation. But the extent of the ability is giving him the tools to do that, the rest is up to Stepan. The effect of the ability isn't limited by time, meaning that he can be given something he'll need years in advance. That happens because Luck's Favourite always chooses the shortest time to give Stepan something he'll need, but always has to be physically possible within the world he's in.
[close]

"Weakness"
How useful anything Stepan's given is, depends solely on how he manages it. Also he can't know when he'll need anything Luck's Favourite gives him. Even more so, he doesn't know what came from Luck's Favourite or not! After many years of using the ability he has become used to recognising useful tools, but still has no way of reliably telling apart what's what.

Because of the human element, and the fact whatever he is given is perfect for any scenario, the only way to beat him is either b being quicker than him, or by sheer... luck. In case he doesn't realise or doesn't know how to use what he is given, Stepan is completely powerless.
[close]

Appearance
Stepan is a rather unusual Ukrainian, with shoulder-long brown hair and standing only at 1.68 meters, is like a black sheep in his hometown. Other than that, he has light blue eyes and dresses with whatever he happens to have at that time, usually going for a darker look, to match his hair. He is as fit as the average person and really doesn't have much else going for him, aside from his perfect teeth.
[close]

Personality
Stepan is easily content. All he cares about is having enough to get by for the month, and then he spends the rest of his energy for entertainment purposes. Other than that, he can be described as selfless, but that comes more from him putting his own safety and well-being too low as a priority. Lastly, he has learnt to be very attentive to all details and became somewhat quick-thinking.
[close]

Story
Stepan originates from a small estate near Kiev that his family inherited from an heirless Russian aristocrat who grew fond of his maiden some generations ago. During his time there he got involved in more than enough trouble with gangs and other things of that sort. Despite getting into many fights he almost always got out unscathed. Because of that, a reputation began building around him of being extremely lucky and what not. All that happened before he was 18.

When he finally came into adulthood he left his country and travelled westwards, being fluent in most languages there. After some years of fucking around Europe he finally found a well-paying enough job and settled in northern Italy. However, even before he began his journey abroad, Stepan was noticing a pattern of stumbling into useful stuff right before he got into trouble. At first he didn't pay much attention to it, but the years added up and it kept happening. Despite his personality becoming more and more docile over time, trouble kept finding him and after a series of events, became the target of local gang in Turin.

Apparently luck willed it so, and Stepan managed against his will to nearly destroy the gang by burning down their hideout, killing a majority of its members in the process. Suffice to say, he wasn't bothered much afterwards. He continued his life afterwards, but he had become convinced that he somehow had a special power that pitted luck always on his side. After seconds of thinking he desided to name it "Luck's Favourite".
[close]

Demo
It was an unusually cloudy day for a summer afternoon in Milan, but Stepan didn't pay much attention to the weather anyway. He had just gotten his hands into the latest edition of his fovourite game series, Grand Strategy Simulator 14. He was ready to burn his computer by playing countless hours into this new game, but sadly, he had to go shopping first. The market was two blocks away from the game store, seperated by two roads and a very notorious alleyway.

When he began crossing the first road, an obviously drunk driver grazed with car Stepan's foot and eventually crashed into the nearby steerlight. However, after the crash, the car's trunk had opened and a metal crowbar along with a bike chain had fallen out. Losing no time, Stepan picked both of those up as he suspected there would be trouble in the alleyway. He managed to go unnoticed with his thievery due to the mess the car crash created; something he almost didn't notice.

After crossing the second road peacefully, Stepan heard a wide variety of sounds coming from the alleyway before the market, none being unfamiliar to the Ukrainian. He could he multiple crimes being commited at the same time by presumably many people, including but not limited to, assault, theft, rape, drug trafficking(this one requires a trained ear), human trafficking and more. Not wasting any time, Stepan put the bike chain on one end of the crowbar and was ready to jump into the fray, but a certain sound halted him. He could hear metal creaking, and he figured it was from the side stairs of the building to the right of the alleyway. Because of the he adjusted his battle plan and he snuck at the edge of the alleyway's entrance. He then suddenly pivoted and with a swift swing hit the flimsy metal at the bottom of the side stairs, making them collapse and fall onto three burg dealers. One of them had only his feet crushed and managed to pull out a pistol from inside his jacket, which he aimed at their attacker. With another swing, it was thrown of his hand with the bikechain, leaving the hand itself scraped and injured.

Continuing the motion, Stepan kicked with his left foot the stunned criminal, breaking his head against the ground, and swung the crowbar over his head to hit another man raping a gagged woman three meters away from him. Luckily The bike chain broke at the furthest point of the swing and hit the rapist in the eyes, who would have otherwise avoided the swing. Not losing any time, Stepan spun around to close the distance and with the force of the spin hit his enemy with the back of the crowbar, leaving him too unconscious.

Before he was able to lift his head, a gun was placed at the side of his head. "Don't you dare do anything funny, foreigner. I already gutted out that man over there, and you don't want to be next. You probably--" Stepan didn't have any time for banter, so he swung the crowbar from the ground, targeting the man's testicles. In the middle of the swing, a click sound was heard, indicating that the gun luckily jammed, but the murdered already begun taking a step back. L͢͠u̵̧͞҉c̶͜͞k͡҉̨̀į̴̵ĺ͠҉͞͡y̸͘͠  the man had hit his back against a large garbage bin and didn't gain enough distance to avoid the hit, resulting in the crowbar entering him through his bottom chin and peeping from his mouth.

After that, Stepan checked to see if the woman was still alive, which she thankfully was, and headed calmly to do his chores in the market, since he knew the police would be here because of the car crash.
[close]

Exploits
Mi scusi signore, ma finora non ce ne sono
[close]
Check out my piece!

Heh, now there's two of the them!

My proudest creation so far: The Hybrids

Pleb with a Pen

I know that this doesn't seem very serious, but I just came up with this interesting ability and wanted to make a character out of it, so the rest is kinda rushed and vague(story especially, but it doesn't matter anyway).
Check out my piece!

That one guy from earlier

I don't have any problems with the story or the character. The demo seems a bit rushed and quite frankly, pointlessly dark. But overall, I think the character is neat.

Pleb with a Pen

Yeah the demo too is whatever. I can see why it's pointlessly dark, but I have neither the energy nor am I in the mood to change it. I believe it's a bit short, but this kind of ability is kinda hard to show; the only thing I can show is how he interacts with it, which doesn't require much to write.
Check out my piece!

Crank

Heh, uh, I wouldn't discribe it as selfless if you're immediately peacing out from someone who's probably pretty traumatized. 

I don't have an issue with luck as a power, but your explanation to Guy kinda feels like a red flag.  If you don't have the energy to edit the demo, discribe the demo as whatever, and the power is hard to show, are you sure this is something you want to run with?  In my opinion, writing a demo is just as much showing what they can do as it is finding out if you like writing the character.  Do you like Stepan?

Pleb with a Pen

Selfless is probably not the right word to describe Stepan's attitude, but hey, I don't even know it in greek, so it's the best I've got; perhaps indifferent, not egotistical? I don't know.

The fact that I didn't write a bigger/better demo is completely unrelated to the character. I just have been drained from studying 2 months in the summer and now I finally have time to cool down before the hardest year awaiting me in school(exams that determine what university you can enter and all). Stepan is a character I created on the spot because I really liked the ability I came up with. It is definitely my most preferable from anything else I got. I assure you when it comes to an Exploit, I'll give it my all. Stepan is someone I think will work well with the ability, especially if I alter his personality a little bit.
Check out my piece!

Crank

You might have a challenge headed your way in a few days once I finish my experiment. 

That one guy from earlier

Good luck to both of you if that happens.