November 21, 2019, 12:14:51 pm

News:

SMF - Just Installed!

City Building(Event)

Started by Pleb with a Pen, August 31, 2019, 07:55:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Pleb with a Pen

August 31, 2019, 07:55:20 pm Last Edit: September 01, 2019, 06:04:03 am by Pleb with a Pen
Aight, since I see no action 'round here I take it upon myself to stir this palce back into action(because I am sure most of you, like me, come here every day to see if anything new is posted).

Unlike the event's title may suggest, I won't be forcing you to build a city. Instead, this is a free for all event where everyone will write about a fictional(or real) city as much as he/she wants. This city can be however the writer wants it to be, magic or no magic, criminal shithole or utopian megacity, just describe it. If you want, you can have it be part of Azalia even.

There will be 6(six) days of sign-ups and the two weeks for the cities to come in. There will be a different thread with a poll where all the contestants will vote(not themselves of course) and after another week, we'll have the winner.

Some General Guidelines
-It can be as long as the writer wants
-It is important to be in third person. There can be interesting characters mentioned(mayor, mafia leader, politician etc.) but no protagonist. The city is the focus.
-Title is optional(and can be different from the name of the city)
-There can be 'themes' about the city, but always logical(meaning that within the rule system, this is the expected outcome)
-Any flavouring is welcome. For example the political significance of the city or georgaphical situtaion.
-Don't be fooled by the term 'city', it can be as big or small as you want(just not 69.420.911 residents, that's already mine)
[close]

Contestants
1.Guest
2.Pleb with a Pen
[close]
Check out my piece!

Heh, now there's two of the them!

My proudest creation so far: The Hybrids

That one guy from earlier

I suppose I might as well. I'm not 100% sure if I'll have the time but I'll definitely give it a try.

TheWhiteDove

Looks like I was already signed up. I am going to do it now question. Can it be first person if it is from the perspective of a tour guide?

Pleb with a Pen

Oh, that was just me messing around with the [you.] thingy, don't worry.

The reason I chose to have it in third person, is because it would be easier to display the story's main point better. If you think you can pull it off with a tour guide, I say go for it; it's just might be a bit of a stretch to do that as it would feel unnatural, describing the amount of information 'required' through a tour guide. But hey, if that's how you want to flavour it, then I won't stop you.

Since it looks like only three people that participate, I guess everyone will vote on the poll. This had a lot less traction than I expected. Okay everyone, begin construction!
Check out my piece!

Pleb with a Pen

Alright, we will be doing an extension until both WhiteDove and I finish. There isn't really any time constraint since this is just between three people, unless that one guy wants to set a shorter deadline on the extension. Personally, I am going to double the time till the 4th of October.

I know it's kind of inexcusable for me to not have finished, but I really didn't expect the school and cram school programs to be so much. On top of that, whenever I do have free time, my brother has the computer so I can't write(pathetic excuses for a pathetic situation).
Check out my piece!

So, we're past the new deadline. Has anyone else made their respective cities?

Pleb with a Pen

I gave TheWhiteDove the weekend to respond to me, but nothing so far. He hasn't replied yet, so I will post the vote thread tomorrow morning(in about 8 hours).
Check out my piece!

Good luck to you Pleb. I'm looking forward to it.